The Future is Here:
Virtual Reality and Medical Education
Technology Enhanced Education
The Technology Enhanced Education (TEE) team is an innovative group of designers, technologists, and thinkers who empower medical education and the health sciences education community to train the physician and health care team of the 21st century.
If you haven’t tried VR yet, it’s time you do. In this workshop we’ll introduce you to the latest VR tools and show you how they are being used. You’ll also get to try it for yourself. We’re pretty sure you’ll leave a little awe-struck.
- By the end of this workshop you will be able to distinguish between and discuss different VR technologies and their potential uses.
VR Apps and Games of Interest
- UNVR App (Cardboard) - From Empathy to Action
- WithIn App (Cardboard, PSVR) - this app features story experiences
- DiscoveryVR - (Oculus, Vive, Gear) Excellent documentary style
- For Cardboard - best 360 videos on Youtube - including World Tour
- Project Mosul with the Economist - Using photos and photogrammetry
- InCell VR (iphones) - racing on rails gameplay interspersed with some light biological science learning moments
- Neuro Drummer - rhythm game developed by Gazzaley Labs at UCSF
- TheBody VR Anatomy app (Vive, Gear, Oculus) developed specifically for higher education; applications in medical training and education.